Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

These are my new "Stop Global Warming" eco-sneaks from Simple. Not only does Simple make really cute and comfortable shoes, they do it in a very eco-friendly way. Made in Santa Barbara, California, where some say Earth Day started (and yours truly went to college there too!)

Santa Barbara, California Community Environmental Council: The story goes that Earth Day was conceived by Senator Gaylord Nelson after a trip he took to Santa Barbara right after that horrific oil spill off our coast in 1969. He was so outraged by what he saw that he went back to Washington and passed a bill designating April 22 as a national day to celebrate the earth.

Read more about Simple shoes here.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Those are GREAT. I want some. Except Simples are too wide for my feet. :(

dinahmow said...

I wish I could get Simples here, especially as I now have to wear wider shoes!
They don't even make sneakers here anymore - they all come in from China!

girl work studios said...

What a great company! I've added them to my favorites.

cynthia said...

These are fantastic! I have wide feet from my years of standing on my feet for work when I was flying.